In this latest release, the (Christmas jumper sporting) development team have added some significant enhancements to the element editing feature suite.
Previously, a number of element content area assets (such as: file uploads, web links, cloud documents, video links, images and element links) once added by an element editor were static i.e. once they were added, assigned names could not be edited and they could not be re-ordered presentationally. A re-order or re-name required a delete and re-add. Equals annoying.
With this latest release, grid builders now have the ability, at the element level, to dynamically edit:
- File uploads – ability to re-order (drag/drop);
- Web links – ability to re-order (drag/drop) and re-name;
- Cloud document links – ability to re-order (drag/drop) and re-name;
- Video link embeds – ability to re-order (drag/drop) and re-name;
- Images – ability to re-order (drag/drop);
- Element links – ability to re-order (drag/drop).
For the builders in the room, hopefully another welcome new addition!
Next up for our fast-moving development team?
Following the excellent, recent User Community Symposium (recording available here), we are currently in the throes of setting out our 2021 Development Roadmap (“MG21”).
We hope to have news of this exciting ambition mapped out in the coming weeks; suffice to say it will be all about further reinforcing and developing our vision to be the world’s leading platform for building knowledge as you manage projects (and personal productivity!).
As a tease for some releases we are hopeful to get out before the year end:
- Microsoft Teams App Integration
- Simple element copy/paste (within the grid view)
Please continue to keep the feedback and new feature ideas coming (there is nothing we like more).
Is there a feature you would love to see us add to our development stack? If so, please let us know in the comments below or email firstname.lastname@example.org