In our latest feature release we're happy to introduce customisable dashboards for team, project and portfolio level reporting on your project grids, elements and tasks.
Our new custom dashboards enable the creation of bespoke reporting on team members, grids, elements and tasks using six different chart types. These dashboards can then be shared internally using Method Grid’s access control features.
For a visual overview of custom dashboards you can watch the video below. Alternatively, read on…
You can navigate to your dashboards by clicking the dashboards icon in the main navigation.
We have provided a default, account level dashboard to get you started. This is available to everyone in your account and is not customisable, you can choose to use it or not using our dashboard favourite/bookmarks feature. The graphic below provides an overview of the main functionality within your custom dashboards:
- Dashboards list – this shows a list of all the dashboards to which you have access. You can re-order this list as desired in order to prioritise the dashboards that matter to you.
- Add a new dashboard – this creates a new dashboard. New dashboards are only accessible to you and your account architects, you can then choose to give access to other members of your account.
- Set this dashboard as your favourite – this sets the current dashboard to be your favourite dashboard, when you next open dashboards this will be the first dashboard you see.
- Add a new chart widget – if you have edit access to the current dashboard, you can use this to add a new chart widget.
- Dashboard access control – this shows you who has access to the current dashboard. Users with manage access to the dashboard can then change the current access here.
- Clone the dashboard – this creates an exact clone of the current dashboard as a starting template for a new dashboard. Only you have access to the cloned dashboard until you change this in the access control.
- Share a link to the dashboard – this copies the link to the current dashboard so you can share it with team members.
- Delete the dashboard – this completely deletes the current dashboard. This deletes the dashboard for all members.
- Date picker – this changes the timescale being displayed in the dashboard. Timescales will only apply to chart widgets that include a timescale.
Creating, Viewing and Managing Dashboards
The data you see within a dashboard will be based on your current access within your account. For example, if you have access to folder X that contains 10 project grids, you will see data from all 10 project grids. If you have access to folder Y that contains 20 project grids, but you only have access to 10 of those grids, you will only see the data related to those 10 grids. If you have no access to folder Z that contains 30 project grids, you will not see any data from those grids.
Any user can create a dashboard which can be shared as required with team members. Dashboards are not available in all Method Grid plans and some plans have restrictions on the number of dashboards you can have and the number of chart widgets within each dashboard, you can see the details for your plan on our pricing page.
To create a new dashboard you simply click the + button and a new blank dashboard will be created. New dashboards are only accessible to you and your account architects, you can then choose to give access to other members of your account as required (see access to dashboards below).
You can rename your dashboard by clicking on the title.
To add chart widgets, click the add widget button and configure your chart (see chart widgets below).
You can also drag and drop your chart widgets to position them as required, set their size and delete widgets (see editing chart widgets below).
Working with Dashboards
To set your favourite dashboard, click the star icon when viewing the dashboard and that dashboard will be set as your default dashboard (this will be the first dashboard you see when opening your dashboards).